by Michael Mitchell
109. Teach her to appreciate a good book. “Children are made readers on the laps of
their parents.“ -Emilie Buchwald
(photo: to kill a mocking bird)
111. Teach her to shoot a gun… even if it’s just a Nerf gun. A girl with the confidence to
fire a weapon can accomplish anything in life.
(photo: life magazine)
114. No matter how far she goes in life; no matter what she accomplishes, feel
free to remind her every now and then about all those times you
wiped her bum when she was in diapers. This will help keep her grounded.
(photo: one day at a time)
117. Doing the dishes together is a great way to teach her responsibility. It’s also not
a bad way to demonstrate the kind of behavior she should expect from a future husband.
(photo: mollipop photograpy)
119. Introduce her to the joy of cupcakes. Then again, her mother just might beat you to it.
(photo: hb adventure)
123. Take her with you the next time you buy a major appliance. Make sure she hears
you when you tell the salesman, “I’ll buy it today if you’ll throw in a new playhouse for
126. Take her on a date. Show her how she should expect to be treated when she
turns 30 and can start dating men other than you.
(photo: alexia brown)
Michael is a thirty-something dad who blogs daily tips and life lessons for dads of daughters at lifetoheryears.com. He spends his days practicing the arts of fatherhood and husbandry, while attempting to be a man of God and a professional raiser of philanthropic funds. On the rare occasion he’s not tied up with the aforementioned and other pursuits of awesomeness, he enjoys fighting street gangs for local charities and drinking from a cup that’s half full. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook.